Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sabi Sabi to Johannesburg.



 This is the only way to arrive,
or in this instance,
depart from a bush destination!


My transport arrives to take me home. 

This was the first time that I have flown both legs of my journey in the same plane. 

About to say good-bye... 

No in-flight movie, but a lot to keep me interested. 
I bid farewell to Sabi Sabi and the surrounding area.

For a brief moment I thought that this might be Hartebeespoort Dam.
Then I realized that I was flying back from Sabi Sabi, NOT Madikwe. 

From my window. 

The surrounding mountain ranges. 

In this plane, oxygen masks do NOT fall from the ceiling...
you have to remove it from the holder on the wall. 

Russel (pilot) doing the paperwork. 

"FIRE"...

This notice was next to the co-pilots chair.
It says nothing about the limitations of the pilot! 

These passengers had every confidence in Russel
and slept for most of the hour-long return flight to Johannesburg 

Boksburg or is it Brakpan...on the outskirts of Johannesburg. 

The runway at O.R Tambo International airport comes into view. 

TOUCH DOWN
Perfect landing Russell...
despite the cross winds. 

Waiting for the tower to open the gate for us. 

Waiting area...
from the other side of the fence. 

Time for a quick sandwich...
and then home.
Thanks to Evan for the trip.
 Nicole for making certain it happened.
Janine, who checked me in.
On a freezing cold morning.
Nik, who was the co-pilot on the day.
And, lastly, Rynhard for getting me there safely
 and Russel for bringing me back.

All images are the copyright property of  and may not be used without permission
Follow me on Twitter: @davidbatzofin

No comments:

Post a Comment