Thursday, September 5, 2013

Once again to Madikwe



And, once again, thanks to Federal Air for getting me the Eastern airstrip at Madikwe,
 without much upper air turbulence...always a worry on clear and hot days...

After spending two days in bed with some sort of "bug"
I certainly did not feel like a four hour drive to the Reserve...

Our pilot,Hardus,certainly looked more concerned than we did as he did his safety briefing...
but neither he nor his passengers had anything to worry about...

I have no idea as to what the majority of the dials are indicating,
 but I find they make an interesting image...

Almost exactly one hour after take off from O.R.T International airport,
 the newly refurbished Eastern airstrip at Madikwe came into view...

While the plane was reloaded and prepared for the return trip to Johannesburg,
I got on board my transport and headed for Madikwe Hills, my "home" for the next two nights...

This family of giraffe stood patiently waiting for us to take photographs...
as an aside,the collective noun for Giraffe?
A tower of Giraffe.

www.davidbatzofin.com

All images are the copyright property of  and may not be used without permission
Follow me on Twitter: @davidbatzofin


No comments:

Post a Comment