Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bush Lodge, Sabi Sabi back to Johannesburg




I was unaware that Sabi Sabi had its own airstrip...
This is the terminal building. 

I believe that the wildlife on the runway might be more of a problem than the wind. 

One of the game drive vehicles "lurking" behind a tree 

One of my fellow guests passing the time waiting for our Federal Air flight. 

This is often the problem on lodge airstrips... 

Our flight arrives while one of the rangers makes certain that the Kudu stay away 

Keeping an eye open. 

Our flight home... 

My "usual" view of the cockpit

A safety briefing and we head south for Johannesburg
 and the end of another bush adventure. 

Goodbye to Sabi Sands... 

a wing and a ? 

I was not the only passenger taking pictures. 

When I saw that the "co-pilot" was napping,
I was concerned...
Turned out to be one of the Sabi Sabi directors... 

Some of the views from my window... 



Supplying power to South Africa

Almost home... 

Johannesburg comes into view.
Once again an enjoyable flight with Federal Air.


www.davidbatzofin.com


All images are the copyright property of  and may not be used without permission
Follow me on Twitter: @davidbatzofin

No comments:

Post a Comment