Thursday, September 5, 2013

Johannesburg to Eastern airstrip at Madikwe.




Once again it was time for me to head to Madikwe...

My favourite departure lounge...
Federal Air near O.R.Tambo International Airport

This was the busiest I have ever seen the lounge
Three flights left while I was waiting for mine.

Proudly flying the flags of foreign nations
The SA flag was out of shot on the left hand side

Snack time...
And they are replenished constantly.

Coffee and cold drinks.

The best "little" departure lounge in Johannesburg

The new covered departure point

Our flight being packed before take off.

All aboard.I am glad to see that at least one passenger was looking at the safety card

From the air

Leaving Johannesburg

Hartebeespoort Dam

Blue skies and LOTS of fluffy white clouds

Old school.This fellow was hand writing a journal

Getting close to our destination

Houses and suburbia make way for grass and trees 

The Eastern Airstrip at Madikwe game reserve.
Lodge transport waiting to collect guests

The flight I came in on was on its way the the Western airstrip...

All images are the copyright property of  and may not be used without permission
Follow me on Twitter: @davidbatzofin

No comments:

Post a Comment